In Venice, on the Island of San Giorgio Maggiore, there is a new residential resource for humanities studies where young researchers and expert scholars can stay while working in the Fondazione Giorgio Cini libraries.
The International Center for the Study of Italian Culture is named after Vittore Branca – a world-renowned Italianist who was Secretary General of the Fondazione Giorgio Cini.
Who can attend the Vittore Branca Center?
University students, professors, writers and artists willing to pursue some research work on the Fondazione collections, bequests and archives.
How to apply to the Vittore Branca Center?
Applicants shall propose a research project focused on Italian – be it visual arts, history, literature, music, drama, early printed books, from an interdisciplinary point of view – to be pursued in the Fondazione Giorgio Cini libraries.
Every applicant shall send:
– CURRICULUM VITAE
– APPLICATION FORM
– RESEARCH PROJECT
via email to: email@example.com.
Each application will be examined by a panel of specialists; the Fondazione Giorgio Cini offers co-financing and scholarships to reduce costs of stay.
– – –
What services are offered?
– accommodation in a single or double room in the Vittore Branca Center Residence on the Island of San Giorgio Maggiore, Venice with free access to all common spaces such as fitness room, music room, terrace, and areas in the monumental complex;
– privileged access to the Giorgio Cini Foundation libraries and archives housed in the Foundation. The ideal “piazza” of the Vittore Branca Center is the Nuova Manica Lunga, the new heart of the restyled user services (including wi-fi connection) in the Fondazione library complex;
– free access to all cultural initiatives organized by Fondazione Giorgio Cini (workshops, conferences, exhibitions, concerts);
– orientation on documents and collections held in the Fondazione libraries and the main Venetian libraries and archives;
– tutorship to assist scholars in exploring the Venetian cultural offer and to put them in contact with each discipline specialists to help them make the most out of their research experience.
How to get there?
Vaporetto #2 – “San Giorgio” stop – click here to download the timetable